Formed in 2005 by a group of neighborhood leaders and concerned citizens, we are a strong and vibrant grassroots community development organization that addresses economic and quality of life issues facing the 35,000 residents in BRAG.
Our six major initiatives are tailored to our community and are fundamental to maintaining a great neighborhood and a thriving business environment.
- Business Development and Retention and Networking – more than 40 new businesses have come to the area within just a few short years, creating over 800 jobs. The Business Alliance preserves a productive and sustainable business environment in the BRAG area.
- Crime Watch and Prevention – BRAG has established a business and residential crime watch network and was awarded the Marion County Prosecutors Office Crime Fighter of the Year award for 2011.
- Accessibility: Sidewalks, Trails, Connectivity – The long term goal of the INSTEPP (Indy Northside Sidewalks & Trails, Engaging people and places) committee is to build sidewalks and multi-use trails throughout the BRAG community. BRAG has secured funding to build sidewalks/multiuse trails from Binford Boulevard to Hague Road across 71st Street; we expect construction to begin in 2014.
- Schools – Within the BRAG area are Lawrence Township schools and Washington Township Schools and a number of private schools. The area has energetic community involvement and solid, stable school systems that that serve students of all academic abilities.
- Beautification: Parks and Greenspaces – BRAG works to enhance the physical appearance of Binford Boulevard and Skiles Test Nature Park. We planted and continue to maintain hundreds of trees and thousands of flowers & shrubs and planting beds throughout the service area.
- The Market at Hague – The market is sponsored by BRAG offering fresh Indiana produced food and artisan products, a fun, friendly community gathering place, and a place to showcase local businesses and non-profits.
BRAG receives no tax monies or other subsidies. All costs supporting BRAG initiatives, outreach, programs, public forums, business alliance meetings, are funded by membership dues and business sponsorship. BRAG is a 501(c)3 organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Through memberships, donations & sponsorships, residents and businesses are making a huge difference in our community. Simply put, a donation to BRAG is a direct investment in the quality of life for those who live & work in the area.
For more information or to find out about other ways you can support BRAG’s efforts, please call or email Mark Flanary – firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-408-4323.